Hello my darlings! Hope you’ve all been well!
Lately its been seeming like success is getting harder and harder to achieve, and when I’m in a rut like I am now, I find it helpful to sit down and think of ways to make it all better, to find a solution. Well, after taking a look at myself I was able to distinguish a couple of things I do on a daily basis that are clearly keeping me from reaching my full potential. Perhaps these are also on your list of what is keeping you from success! Well, have no fear! 3 things you should do instead, are here!!!
following are three things that are keeping you from success and what you need to be doing instead!!!
What you’re doing: Self-Doubt
When you believe something so much, it becomes your reality. If you constantly say that you cannot do something, that you will not achieve a goal, that your dreams are too big for you, I can guarantee that you will fail. You set yourself up for failure, what else do you expect?
What you should do instead:
- Take the word CANNOT out of your dictionary. Seriously, it no longer exists in your vocabulary, and every time you catch yourself using it, you owe someone (anyone) 5 bucks. Just pull it out of your pocket and hand it over.
- Accept who YOU are. Everyone you compare yourself to just fell off the face of the earth, Now what? Now all you have left to do is be yourself. Show the world what YOU can bring to the table.
- Allow yourself to fail. It’s perfectly fine to fall flat on your face. It helps if you pretend no one is there. If no one is there, you can’t be embarrassed right? So when you try following your dreams it should be safe.
What You’re Doing: Creating Excuses
The whole world plus their mom is responsible for the fact that you can’t succeed, am I right? Everyone and everything, but you. I don’t have enough money, I don’t have the time, I’m too tired, ya da, ya da, ya da. I’ve heard it all. When you come up with every excuse in the book, what you’re really doing is procrastinating, and procrastination is usually a sign of fear. Fear of failure? Fear of responsibility? What are you afraid of?
What You Should Do Instead:
- Just Do It! Don’t think about! Just get up and go!
- List down the actual fears that come along with your success. If after reading them you realize they are silly fears just holding you back, have a laugh and get to work. If after reading them you are still scared out of your mind, then I need you to realize fear is not real, and the courage you need to face your fears is really a secret power you have. I’m serious. Try it.
- Is this task important? Can it wait? I think not. Make sure YOUR Goals, hopes and dreams, are not at the bottom of your TO-DO list.
- Make your success as important as your job. Your boss just told you that your next job is to succeed in your goal, follow your heart and make your dreams come true. Are you still going to sit around all day in your underpants? Hummm??
What you’re doing: Believing the non-believers
The world is full of them. They come in all shapes and sizes and they are here to torment you, make sure you stay at the bottom and to make sure any hope you once had of succeeding is removed from your wishing little heart. Don’t listen to these people.
What you should do instead:
- Stop asking for other people’s opinions. Your opinion is all that matters and is all that should matter. If you want to climb to the top of Mount Everest while juggling three oranges and singing the national anthem, you don’t need to ask the whole world if that’s ok. Just do it. It’ll seem crazy to some, but it’ll seem inspiring to many!
- Stop putting all your goals and dreams on social media. Work quietly and chase your dreams secretly. These non-believers just sit around waiting for even the slightest glimpse of your success to tell you that you cannot do it.
- Surround yourself with people that support and motivate you. The believers are people who want to see you at the top and will be there on the sidelines cheering you on even if you trip and fall. You want to make sure you have as many of these on your team as possible.
- Get over the fear of being judged. You might want to check out these super awesome tips from MarieForleo, if you want to learn how to get over that fear. She’s awesome.
I promise you’ll do great!
Here’s a quick re-cap to make sure your successful self is unleashed:
- Believe in yourself!
- Get rid of the Excuses!
- Make your opinion matter most!
- Let go of your fears!!
What are some tips you have on making sure your success is guaranteed? Is there anything stopping you from being successful? How are you going to change that? Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your story.
Until Next Time,